Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Getting a bit vocal

Apologies... I thought this went up a couple of weeks ago but it seems it was temporarily suspended in cyber-space. Well, I have found it and set it free...

Mary is continuing to be quite vocal this week, with 'no' being a popular word, and making some other noises besides. The nurses at the Marillac and some of our steady stream of visitors seem to think she is more alert as well. She is keeping her eyes on people and definaetly tracking around and moving her head to look at things.

Today I held some scented things to her nose and she went to sniff these again and make a pleasing hum. They were coconut and fainty smelt of Malibu so this might be why.

Mary has also been moving her left arm much more and staff came in one day this week to find it off Mary's chair completely. I am secretly hoping that one day they will come in and find Mary off her chair completely - standing up by the window, keeping an eye on everyone for her next story. We might not be quite there yet, but there has been some progress!





1 comment:

  1. Some progress is good progress. Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop x

    ReplyDelete