Thursday, 11 April 2013

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday darling Mary, 29 today! Most bravest, most wonderous sister ever.

So lovely for everyone that could join us for our little celebration today - and for all those who couldn't be there in person but sent such gorgeous messages of love, kind thoughts and prayers spurring Mary on. If she could she would be overwhelmed with thanks and love and give you all big orange lipstick marks on your cheeks!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mary. xx

    YOU! You're so damn strong! Which is your gift to all of us, I suspect.

    I spent your birthday listening to Damien Rice, Joni Mitchell (which can kill a grown man, I'll have you know), Belle and Sebastian and Willy Mason. In fact I shared a whiskey with Willy Mason, in Brisbane a few nights ago and thought of you (what a name dropper, right?).

    This is my playlist to that incredible summer we spent running around London all those years ago – me in my scabby shoes and you in your patterned stockings. I capped it all off with your Bus Song, as I went to bed. Remembering that night you sat in my kitchen in Scotland, at 2am, writing it because you couldn't sleep. You played that song for me the next morning, and nothing could have made my day any better—and all this before breakfast!

    I hope your day was equally full of love and music. I hope every day is!

    Miss you, Mary. Perhaps I can get to the UK to see you again, soon. And when this happens, you'd better be ready to have your ear chewed off (I wouldn't mind if it were you doing the 'chewing' either).

    Much love, and millions of kisses and hugs,
    Brett xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mary! I hope you have a speedy recovery! As they say anything is possible! Good luck! xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how you are living even with brain damage or fighting cancer. Just remember TO NEVER GIVE UP ON LIFE! ONCE YOU DO THE WORLD WILL START GIVING UP! MARY BOWERS NEVER GIVE UP ON LIFE I know its simple for me to say this but seriously! STAY STRONG MARY!! NEVER GIVE UP!

    ReplyDelete