Thursday, 27 September 2012

Memories (like the song from 'Cats' et al)

Mary has had her first assessment at the RNRU and staff there begin to set goals for her and set up a timetable over the next week. Mary is in better health but her left leg which she has suffered with cellulitus on in the past is still not healed and looking like it may be infected again. This has meant Mary has had limited use of her wheelchair as this seems to aggravate the leg at the moment, which is a real shame.

As part of her programme, some of the therapists have asked for memories and descriptions about Mary. I thought these must be just about as varied as all the many friends and adventures Mary has, so felt I couldn't possibly start to cover them on my own!  If you if you have a special memory or a description of Mary you would be happy to share with staff at the RNRU to give them more of an idea about Mary and to help Mary process some of her past memories and galavants please pop them in an email to me and I can send them onto the ward.

1 comment:

  1. Would you mind putting your email up again? Is there a secure way of doing this?
    Mary used to be at school with my sister Maeve, and Mary sang at our wedding and I had the pleasure of teaching her in her final year at the convent.
    I have some photos, and if I could figure out how to play/transfer it I could send you video of her singing on our wedding day. Aoife

    ReplyDelete